Friday 19 September 2014

Send A Great Care Package To Your Soldier Overseas

My son, Justin Nyland, US Army


If you REALLY want to be somebody's angel, send a care package to your soldier who is serving overseas. Sometimes it's hard to think of things that your soldier needs or wants. Hopefully, this article will help.


Instructions


1. Go to the post office. Ask for a box for mailing a package to a soldier. They are flat-rate boxes. You can put as much as you can stuff into them. While you are there, get the forms you must fill out and provide to mail packages overseas.


2. Think of your soldier's comfort. Toboggan caps and socks are really appreciated. Throw in a few extra for other soldiers. Buy a couple pairs of super fuzzy socks...Wild colors are okay!


3. Think about what your soldier is eating and how much he or she misses food from home. I sent my son homemade cookies, which he shared with other soldier, but what he loved most was hot sauce from Taco Bell! I asked the lady ar the drive up window at Taco bell for some extra packs of hot sauce. She gave me 3. When I told her I was sending it to my son in Afghanistan, she gave me a whole large bagful! I actually used it for packing material so the cookies wouldn't get crushed.


4. Think about what your soldier misses the most...Home and family. Enclose a personal letter and letters from his or her friends. Send a ton of pictures. Your soldier not only wants to see everybody, he or she wants proof to show comrades that he or she is loved! Include a few postcards from home. Have your soldier's friends write personal notes on them.


5. Pack everything into the box and seal it. Go to the post office and mail it. Pick up another flat rate box and start filling it. They have unimaginably hard days. It makes me cry to hear about some of the things that my son has seen or has had to do. Let's try to make their time overseas a little more bearable.

Tags: your soldier, about what, about what your, from home, post office, things that, Think about